Cat® 983B Track-Type Loader Standard Version
Retail Price: $239.95
Precision Scale: 1:48
Dimensions: 7" long, 2.75" wide, 3" tall
Production year: 2014
Availability: Mid 2014
• Ultra accurate to original machine
• Detailed operator's cab with open ROPS
• Individually-linked tracks with tensioners
• Detailed hydraulic lines
• Fully articulated bucket and lift arms
• Accurate period paint and markings
• Rear-mounted counterweight
• Includes serial numbered spec sheet
The powerful and versatile 983B Track-Type Loader was introduced in 1978, and produced until 1982. At the time it was the largest track loader made by Cat, and produced 275 flywheel horsepower from its six-cylinder, 893 cubic-inch, 3406 diesel engine. The 983B featured pedal steering, freeing the operator's hands for the transmission and loader controls. An automatic bucket control system allowed the bucket to rise to a pre-set dumping height and return to a pre-set digging angle for fast cycle times.
Our die-cast model of the 983B has a fully articulated bucket, lift arms, and hydraulics. The full cab is accessible through opening doors, and the track assemblies are completely functional with free-rolling sprockets, rollers, and metal track links. This version has an open ROPS, a general purpose bucket and counterweight.